Ramblin' Hoosier

My musings on life. I rant on occasion, rave every blue moon or so, and ramble often. Proof positive you can be a nerd and simple-minded at the same time.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

May 20, 2004

0 Comment Complex


I noticed while searching other blogs, that the one nasty little thing that plagues the masses, is lack of comments. Some brave bloggers throw convention to the wind and flat out beg for it, some coyly hint they'd like some, and some silently fume behind their computer screens vowing revenge and swearing that people don't know a good thing when they see it. It's kind of like sex, I suppose. The computer has made us all wee little comment whores.

I'm wondering, how many bloggers go into their shrinks and bring up their lack of comments or hits? Can't you picture it, them laying on the sofa (do shrinks really use those, btw?) telling the doc how no one loved them as children, no one respects them at work, and there's no one to go home to at night; so they got an online journal to make a connection with some soul out there, even if it is on a computer, and they don't appear to want them there either. When that first popped into my head, I thought it was a funny joke, ha ha, but now that I've really thought about it, I bet there are people who do that and it's not so funny anymore.

Do you think lack of response is the reason for the countless 'ghost sites' out there? You know the kind I'm talking about? The first entry was 5 months ago, and filled with exuberance and hope for a smashing success, than sloooooooooowllyyy the happiness drains out of the ever shorter postings, until one day, three weeks after the first posting, there's nothing left. Is that the 21st century's new grafitti? Just a sad abandoned site, floating through cyberspace like a big, 'I was here' carved into a tree at the local make-out place.

*imported from my other journal*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home