Ramblin' Hoosier

My musings on life. I rant on occasion, rave every blue moon or so, and ramble often. Proof positive you can be a nerd and simple-minded at the same time.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

May 23, 2004

Skunky Monkey

Did you ever notice that some people just emit a slimey vibe? After talking with some people, or in rarer cases, simply seeing some people, there's a greasy film laying heavy in your mind.

I have an Uncle like that, whom I had the unwanted, unasked for displeasure of talking to this weekend. Break out the stereotype meters...he happens to be a used car salesman. Shocked you, didn't it? Yeah, he's the one all of the jokes were written about.

He once tried to sell his own mother a mini van that had been welded together down the middle, and had coathangers holding vital components together underneath. It didn't seem to matter that she could be killed, or that she was never in a vehicle with less than 6 grandchildren (his included) and was more often than not on the busy highway. Nope, none of that mattered, what mattered was the easy sell he had before him.

I don't know why I bring that up exactly, other than the fact that the slick oily feeling is still with me after talking to him. It's just that I had the television on the news channel and politicians were talking nonchalantly about terrible problems from their two dimensional world, and I had a quick redip in the greasy pool. I turned it and found myself looking at a commercial for FOX's 'show' The Swan and was practically drowning in the feeling, only this time it came with a smell...like rotten cabbage atop a garbage filled dumpster on a hot humid day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://dtdcrhfo.com/zzex/vong.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://eplzazpl.com/rlhw/awxt.html]Cool site[/url]

November 12, 2006 at 4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://dtdcrhfo.com/zzex/vong.html | http://mbqsqgwy.com/mpmj/dlsc.html

November 12, 2006 at 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home